Did someone say Baked Sweet Potato with Pecan Topping?! Yes, we did. The nutritional value of a sweet potato is high! Packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K and several other important vitamins and minerals. This dish will take about an hour to bake and you’ll probably want to have a food processor on hand to make the process a bit easier (of course you can do it without one, too!). The beauty of this dish is you can also make the mixture a couple days in advance and then when you’re ready, whip it out of the fridge and enjoy!
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Start by mixing your sugar, pecans, and butter in a small bowl.
- Once mixed, cover the bowl and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- While the oven is preheating, prepare your baking dish. Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a large pot, cook sweet potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. This should take about 12 minutes. Drain and let potatoes sit in colander for 15 minutes.
- After the potatoes have sat, puree them in a processor.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and salt. Mix the pureed sweet potatoes into the bowl as well. Transfer to your prepared 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle pecan mix on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for about an hour. The sweet potato mixture should be set and bubbling on top. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving.
You May Also Like: