Looking for the best puff pastry out there? Look no further, you’ve found the bacon and cheddar puff pastry! It’s super easy to make, super easy to bake, and the whole crowd will love them. Some people love getting fancy with their pastry puffs but honestly, a little bacon and a little cheese is all you need.
1 sheet puff pastry dough
8 to 10 strips of bacon
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Fresh cracked pepper
Note: Looking for a homemade puff pastry dough recipe? For one of our favorites, click here.
- Start by rolling out the pastry puff.
- Next, place a single layer of bacon on the pastry puff, add the cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Roll the pastry puff all the way up, lengthwise.
- Place the rolled dough in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. This will make the dough more firm and it will be easier to cut.
- Preheat your oven to 380°F
- After the dough has chilled for 20-30 minutes, use a serrated knife to slice 1/2 inch width rolls.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the rolls on the baking sheet.
- Bake rolls at 380°F for 15-18 minutes. The puffs should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool before enjoying!
You May Also Like: