Summer time means BBQ time so fire up the grill! This chili spice rubbed chicken with lime zest is just the kick you’ve been looking for. The spicy lime zest flavor pairs perfectly with the flavor for the grill. It’s also so easy to whip up so feel free to double the recipe if you’re inviting a crowd!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb) SAVE $
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- First, make the mix for the chicken; in a small bowl, mix chili powder, brown sugar, lime peel, salt, garlic powder, and ground red pepper.
- Rub the mix on both sides of the chicken with oil, then with spice mixture.
- Next, fire up the grill!
- Grill chicken over medium high heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning just once or twice throughout. Cook all the way through, around 170°F
You May Also Like: