Description: A fan favorite appetizer sure to please the crowds, we bring you Chicken Parmesan Dip. If you were wondering how to make a classic Italian dish into an appetizer we’ve got you covered. Let Recipes4theweek step up your appetizer game with this delicious dip.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- (1) 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup roasted chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- In hot pan, add olive oil, onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Stir.
- In same pan, add diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- In bowl, add ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and basil. Mix together.
- In an oven safe serving dish, add half the tomato mixture (spread evenly on bottom of pan), then layer with ricotta mixture.
- Add roasted chicken on top of ricotta mixture. (We used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken but feel free to use whatever your preference is!)
- Add the rest of the tomato mixture on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
(Photo credit: https://reciperunner.com)