Description: Meatballs with a twist! These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs will quickly become a family favorite, jazzing up the traditional spaghetti and ground beef meatballs we’re used to.
- (1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 30 pearl sized mozzarella balls
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced onions, dry red wine, garlic, ½ dried oregano, and ½ dried basil in the crock pot. Stir together.
- In a bowl, add ground chicken, egg, parmesan, bread crumbs, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder and salt. Mix everything together.
- Take one scoop of chicken meat, flatten, and put a ball of mozzarella in the middle. Shape meat around the ball of mozzarella.
- Place rolled meatballs in the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
(Photo credit: http://www.delish.com)