Description: Cinnamon Rolls from scratch? Yes please. They’re also gluten free, which is an added bonus. Three types of sugar, this Recipes4theWeek dessert is sure to be sweet and delicious. If you have a sweet tooth in the morning, they’re great for breakfast too!
- 2 ½ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup milk (dough)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup confestioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (icing)
- In a mixer, add flour, yeast, butter and salt. Mix together.
- In separate bowl, add warm milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk together by hand.
- Add milk and egg mixture, to the flour mixture. Mix together. This should create your dough.
- Take dough out and press flat.
- In separate bowl, add brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Mix together.
- Evenly spread brown sugar mixtures over the flat dough.
- Roll dough up so it appears to be a log.
- Cut dough crosswise about 1 inch thick.
- Place rolls in pan, bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- In separate bowl, add confectioners’ sugar and milk. Whisk together. This is your icing.
- Take cinnamon rolls out of the oven, drizzle with icing.