Description: Creamy Broccoli Soup ready in under an hour? Yes, please. This soup only contains a handful of ingredients but packs a lot of flavor. Break out the dutch oven and make a soup everyone will love. Note: You’ll also need a blender for this soup to get that puree, creamy texture.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh)
- 8 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add butter and olive oil. Wait until the butter melts.
- Chop up onion, celery, and add to the pot. Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The celery and onion should become softened.
- Add garlic and thyme. Cook about 10 seconds, you should be able to smell them.
- Chop up broccoli and add to the pot. Add water and broth as well and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, but keep the simmer, cook until the broccoli is tender (around 7-9 minutes).
- Next puree the soup in a blender until it’s smooth.
- Lastly, add half and half, salt, and pepper for additional texture and flavor.
(Photo credit: www.epicurious.com)