Description: Creamy Mustard Chicken, anyone?! Enjoy these chicken breasts smothered in creamy Dijon sauce. The combination of shallots, garlic, white wine, sour cream, sage, and dijon mustard come together to bring you this dish that everyone is sure to love. Make this a go-to and switch things up by trying different side dishes. Check out Recipes4theWeek side dishes too.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Toss chicken breasts in flour.
- Heat cast iron, add olive oil, and cook chicken breasts 3-5 minutes per a side.
- Remove chicken breasts and in same pan, add shallots until brown.
- After shallots brown, add white wine.
- In a separate bowl, add water and flour, whisk to thicken before adding to shallots and white wine. Stir together.
- In same cast iron, add sour cream, Dijon mustard, sage, salt and pepper to pan. Stir together. Once it thickens, add chicken.
- Eat alone or add pasta on the side, the choice is yours!