Description: Yum! This is one of those feel good dishes; delectable pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce. We will warn that this dish calls for a decent amount of ingredients so make sure your cupboard is full or you’ve visited the grocery store before giving it a go! Despite the amount of ingredients, it’s fairly easy to make and you can do it all in one skillet (aside from boiling your pasta). Give this delicious recipe a try and let us know what you think! It may quickly become a favorite weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt & pepper (to your taste)
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces Fettuccine/Penne/Rotini/spaghetti (Chef’s choice!)
- First prepare your pasta, depending on what style you’ve decided to go with.
- Next, heat your olive oil over medium high heat in skillet. Make sure the skillet is hot.
- In your hot skillet, add shallots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for a 1-3 minutes, your shallots should start to brown. Stir regularly.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook additional 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add brandy, cook for additional minute. Brandy should evaporate. Sprinkle flour on top, stir together.
- Now it’s time for the broth! Add your vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once it boils, reduce heat and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes, the sauce should begin to thicken.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Combine pasta with the creamy mushroom sauce. Sprinkle additional Parmesan if desired.
(Photo credit: Delish Dinners)