Description: This Healthy Apple & Grilled Chicken Salad might sound like an average salad. Take this salad and add a twist of Cheddar Cheese Toasts. A healthy dish with apples and escarole but with a grilled cheese twist.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of baguette
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or canola)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 head escarole
- 3 apples (sliced)
- ¼ cup onion (sliced)
- Grill chicken breasts on medium-high for 15 minutes (flipping halfway)
- Cut slices of bread, grill 1-3 minutes. Add cheddar cheese on top of bread, wait until it melts.
- In a bowl, combine grapeseed oil, cider vinegar, whole grain mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine escarole, apple slices, and onion. Toss together.
- Add chicken and cheddar toast on top.