Description: Bean lovers rejoice over this healthy bean salad with homemade dressing! This multi-bean salad with other delicious veggies comes equipped with it’s own dressing. The dressing is simple, yet impressive; blend up those ingredients and watch your guests say “WOW!” On top of that, it comes with a variety of beans and veggies. This make the dish not only look good, but taste good too. Make it as a side dish or use it as the main dish, the choice is yours.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup radishes
- 2 cups green beans
- (1) 15 oz can chickpeas
- (1) 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
- (1) 15 oz can cannellini beans
- (1) 15 oz can black beans
- 1/2 cup basil (fresh)
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Start by prepping your veggies.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice radishes, small, potato-chip like pieces
- Cut the ends of your green beans; steam for 4 minutes.
- Open your cans of beans.
- The Dressing:
- In a blender or food processor, add basil, shallots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, with salt and pepper. Blend together. This will be your homemade basil vinaigrette!
- Preparing the plate
- Add your tomatoes, radishes, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, green beans, and chickpeas to the plate.
- Some people prefer to keep them separate, while others like to mix them all up. The choice is yours!
- Drizzle or drench your plate with the basil vinaigrette
(Photo credit: eatingwell.com)