Description: This recipe for Homemade General Tso’s Chicken is a healthy, easy way to whip up a classic! No breading, no frying, just homemade sauce and a lot of “yum!” reactions. Cook and serve in under 30 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hoison sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 green onions/scallions
- Snow peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- In one bowl, mix additional cornstarch, soy sauce, rice wine, water, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar. Save for later.
- Heat canola oil in wok, add chicken to pan once hot.
- Cook chicken for 2 full minutes without turning.
- Turn, then cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside.
- In wok, add canola oil, scallions, and garlic. Wait for garlic to brown.
- Add snow peas. Then take the reserved sauce and add. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the same pan. Mix together for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle additional scallions on top for added flavor.