Description: Looking for chicken breasts with a kick? Try these Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken breasts. A recipe that will take you under 40 minutes from the start of prep to the dinner table. Chicken breast recipes don’t have to be boring. We’ll prove it.
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper (to taste, recommended between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- First, mix the pickled jalapeno, monterey jack cheese, and cream cheese in a bowl. Mix well until everything is blended together. This will be your jalapeno popper stuffing.
- Next, take the chicken breasts and cut a horizontal slit down the whole chicken. Do not cut throw completely, you will want the chicken to remain together but you’re essentially creating a “pocket” for the stuffing.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the jalapeno popper stuffing.
- Once stuffed, sprinkle the top of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- For the next step, crack an egg in one bowl and add cornmeal in a separate bowl. Bread the chicken by first dipping in the egg, and next dipping in the cornmeal.
- Heat the olive oil in your cast iron. Once the pan is hot, place the chicken breasts in the cast iron. Cook each side for 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (you can start preheating earlier so the oven is hot by the time the chicken breasts are ready).
- Roast the stuffed chicken breasts at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. You can roast them right in the cast iron pan for easier clean up.
(Photo credit: Pillsbury.com)