As the warmer months are approaching, the parties and BBQs invites will start pouring in. We decided we wanted to find an appetizer that is unique, easy to make, and something the whole crowd will enjoy. Oh, and we also wanted it to be a finger food because those are fun! We decided to go with Martha Stewart’s recipe for sausage cheddar balls. Make this dish and no one will leave disappointed.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, meltedDirections:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder.
- Add cheddar and toss to coat.
- Add sausage, onion, and butter.
- With your hands, mix until well combined and roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls, 1/2 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until balls are golden and cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Photo and Recipe Credit: Martha Stewart
You May Also Like: