Description: Trying to meal prep? How about salads for the week?! This salad is easy to make, filling, and comes with a make your own dressing. Throw it all together and make a salad for the family or portion them out and have lunches for the week. We enjoy putting them in mason jars for an easy, grab-and-go lunch.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 8 ounces edamame
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olives
- 8 cups romaine (chopped)
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/2 cup feta
- In a bowl, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and mix together. This will be your dressing for the salad.
- Chop up your cucumber, red onion, edamame, tomatoes, olives and romaine.
- For the chicken, cook to your preference. Some prefer to boil (around 10-20 minutes), others prefer to grill (3-5 minutes each side), or you can bake (30 minutes, 375 degrees). Once your chicken is cooked, cut or shred into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients together, toss well, add basil and feta on top for extra flavor. Drizzle dressing to your liking.
- We suggest making one big bowl for the family, or portion them out and have lunch for the week. If you’re looking for easy storage, use mason jars for the week. If you choose to use the mason jars, put the dressing on the bottom and layer veggies before the lettuce to avoid soggy lettuce.
- You might also want to swap out ingredients to keep things fresh and exciting. Try adding different grains, chickpeas, carrots, and whatever else you fancy.
(Photo credit: http://www.youngandraw.com)