Who doesn’t love a BBQ? They’re perfect for getting a group together and enjoying some good food. If you’re not prepared for a BBQ though, it could get a bit stressful. That’s why Recipes4theWeek put together a quick tips and a simple list to help make a stress-free BBQ:
1. Guest list – This is important to get a general idea of who’s coming. We don’t mean make a VIP list and stop people at the door, BBQs are way more laidback than that. Just get a general idea of who’s coming so you don’t run out of burgers and dogs!
2. Check the weather – BBQs are an outdoor thing and if it’s a rainy day, that tends to complicate things. If you live in an unpredictable climate, you might want to have a back up plan.
3. The meat – This is a big part of planning a BBQ, the meat! You’ll want to have a few different options; pork, sausage, hamburgers, chicken, hot dogs. You don’t need them all but variety always adds to the occasion.
4. The sides – Side dishes are also important for a BBQ. A traditional BBQ will usually have potato salad, baked beans, and coleslaw. If you want to be more non-traditional, try switching up your sides. But if you’re looking for something simple, can’t go wrong with some chips and dips.
5. Prep work – The day before, you’ll probably want to thaw, prepare, and marinate the meat. Marinating the meat adds so much flavor. Once the meat is prepared, store it away until the next day. Most side dishes can be done the day before as well, if possible get those out of the way.
6. Have fun – This is the MOST important part. Let us know how your BBQ turns out! We love hearing from you.