Description: Looking for a dessert that impresses the crowds? This Port Wine Chocolate Mousse is the way to go! A fancy presentation but easy to make, we promise you won’t be disappointed. Try this Recipes4theWeek dessert for your next party. This recipe even features a video so you can watch before you try.
- 200 mg chocolate
- 6 eggs, separated yolk and egg whites
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons port wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mint leaves, chocolate powder, chocolate flakes (to your liking, this is more for garnish)
- Break up chocolate bar into pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler (Save a small amount for garnish at the end).
- Separate 6 eggs – yolk in one bowl, whites in another.
- Take the bowl with eggs whites, use a mixer and beat until whipped.
- In the bowl with the melted chocolate, add 6 eggs yolks and mix together by hand.
- Then add 3 tablespoons of water to chocolate/egg mix, mix again by hand.
- Add 3 tablespoons of port wine to the chocolate mix. Mix again.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to port wine chocolate mix, mix again.
- Add the port wine chocolate mix into the beaten eggs whites, stir together.
- Refrigerate mix for 1 hour.
- Separate into individual serving cups. Sprinkle with chocolate powder on top.
- Next take remaining melted chocolate and squeeze small drops on top (for flavor and style).
- Garnish with some mint leaves and chocolate flakes on top.
You May Also Like: