Description: Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken with Oven-Baked Asparagus is the perfect weeknight meal. Garlic lovers rejoice! From prep table to dinner table, you’ll be finished in under 45 minutes. The spicy garlic lime gives you that zest but with the asparagus simply tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic it compliments the dish perfectly.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the trimmed asparagus with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once oven is pre-heated, bake asparagus for 12-15 minutes. Start working on your chicken while it bakes.
- For the chicken, start by mixing your spices. Mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet or cast iron, saute chicken until it becomes golden brown. This should take around 6 minutes on each side.
- Add remaining garlic powder and lime juice to the chicken. Cook chicken additional 5 minutes.
(Photo credit: www.slenderkitchen.com)