Should you switch to organic food? The debate between organic and non-organic is one that will continue to be debated. While there are pros and cons, at the end of the day it is a personal choice. If you’re looking to switch to organic, we’re here to make the switch painless and easy! Here is what you should know:
- Cost: Organic food costs more than non-organic food. This is something to prepare for because if you’re not expecting it, it could alarm you to watch your grocery bill increase.
- Artificial additives: You may not have even noticed the amount of foods that have artificial additives but if they’re present in the food, then the food is not organic. To be truly organic, you will need to remove these artificial additives as well.
- Timing: Switching to organic takes a lot of work, it might not be easy to switch to 100% organic right away. Start slow, maybe incorporate organic snacks, or a few meals a week. Don’t rush.
- Coupons: If you’re shopping at your local market, you may not get coupons specifically for organic food. We recommend looking online; you may even find coupons from organic manufacturers.
- Simply Organic and Earth’s Best Organic regularly offer free printable coupons on their website.
Most importantly, eating organic is not the only way to have a healthy diet and it isn’t right for everyone. Try as many products as you can, don’t let certain tastes turn you away, try multiple flavors and brands to see what you like.
Let us know how it goes! We love hearing from our followers.
(Photo credit: http://www.theintentionallifestyle.com)
You May Also Like: