Description: Tuesday Taco Salad is making dreams come true. Don’t skip the tacos in order to stay healthy, instead make your tacos healthy. This taco salad with chicken brings together some of our favorite vegetables and features it’s own dressing. Try it today.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided – half for chicken, half for dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (divided – half for chicken, half for dressing)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 5 cups leafy greens (spinach, arugula, romaine)
- 1 cup tortilla chips (crushed)
- 1/2 cup precooked corn
- Start by prepping your vegetables; cut cherry tomatoes in half. Slice avocado and zucchini into small chunks. Dice red onion and jalapeno.
- Combine lime juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mix together.
- Slowly add olive oil into the mix, whisking as you add.
- Add the vegetables to the mix and toss together.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Grill chicken breast for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, cut into bite size pieces and combine with the vegetable mix.
- Choose your leafy greens. We recommend spinach, arugula, or romaine. Mix together with chicken and vegetables.
- Crush the tortilla chips, prepare corn and add both to the salad.
*Not a fan of chicken? Try the recipe with steak, ground beef, or ground turkey. If using ground beef or turkey, make sure to first season. We recommend using chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, or some combination of these (1/2 – 1 teaspoon of each).
(Photo credit: thepioneerwoman.com)