Description: Vegetarian Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili; a chili with a smoky, spicy kick! Here it is. A perfect choice if you’re a vegetarian, looking to cut out meat, or just making dinner for your non-meat eating friends. Easy to make, easy to store; make extras for the week.
(Photo credit: domesticate-me.com)
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (2) 15 oz cans black beans
- (1) 14 oz can tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into squares. Cut onions and mince garlic as well.
- Add the olive oil to the pain, then add sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Next, add the chili pepper, ground chipotle, cumin, and salt to the pan, mix everything together.
- Add water, reduce heat, and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Next, add black beans, tomatoes, and lime juice.
- Reduce heat again, and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add cilantro for garnish and enjoy!