Description: Zucchini Noodles anyone?! Skip the carbs but enjoy a pasta-like meal with these zucchini noodles. The garlic mixed with lemon juice gives a flavor that pops. Add the avocado pesto and the meal is complete. Mix in a protein of your choice if you’re feeling fishy. Recipes4theWeek recommends this dish, with our without meat.
- 5-6 zucchinis
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 ground pepper
- Prepare your zucchini noodles using a spiral vegetable cutter or vegetable peeler. They should be long strands, like spaghetti. Do not use the seeds.
- Place noodles in a bowl, drain excess water, salt to your taste.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and brown garlic. Add zucchini and cook noodles for about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add avocado, basil, pistachios, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend.
- Add remaining olive oil to mixture, blend again.
- Combine avocado pesto with zucchini noodles.
- Add meat or fish for more protein and flavor! We recommend chicken or shrimp!